How to Give a Great Audition
A Workshop for High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Check-in: 10:30 AM
Workshop: 11:00AM – 4:00 PM
Registration is now closed.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Acquire skills needed to perform a successful college audition
- Learn valuable information about how to choose a college music program
- Experience what it is like to give a college audition
- Meet college faculty and students one-on-one
The Department of Music at The College of New Jersey will be holding our annual workshop entitled, “How to Give a Great Audition,” on Saturday, January 19, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This hands-on workshop is open to all high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors as well as to teachers and parents.
The information presented will be useful for students planning to study music in college and classical music specifically. Activities will include discussions, demonstrations, break-out sessions, and a question-and-answer period with a panel of music professors. Over the course of the morning session, workshop participants will learn about different types of schools and majors, what music departments are looking for in an audition, how to prepare, what to wear, and much more. During the afternoon session, there will be area-specific small group sessions. The Music faculty and students of TCNJ will be available for one-on-one conversations.
Don’t forget to bring your instrument and music!
Parents and teachers are also welcome to register.
REGISTRATION – Now closed
- Download the Registration Form
- Complete one form for each participant (student, parent, teacher, guidance counselor)
- Registration fees are shown above. Make your checks payable to “The College of New Jersey”
- Return your check and completed form to:
Department of Music
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Road
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to this event and anticipate that it will be even more successful than last year!