Ensemble auditions are held during the first week of the Fall semester. Specific information about auditions/enrollment in each ensemble will be posted in mid-August.
- Monday, August 25th 12pm-6pm – Woodwinds
- Tuesday, August 26th 10am-3pm (Afternoon Recital in between) – Brass and Percussion and remaining Woodwinds
- Wednesday, August 27th 12-3pm – Remaining Brass and anyone else!
VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE Read: TCNJ Bands Audition Information
- Thursday, August 21st
- Friday, August 22nd
- Monday, August 25th
- Tuesday, August 26th
- Wednesday, August 27th
Information with exact times and a link to sign-up via doodle.com will be posted on the departmental website and outside the choral rehearsal room MB 27.
- You do not have to be music major to be in any of the choral ensembles.
- You must audition to be considered for the Chorale or Women’s Ensemble.
- There is no audition required for College Choir. Basic singing and music reading skills and a desire to learn and improve as a musician are required.
Sometimes, freshman music majors don’t understand that a “beginning of school” audition is expected of them. Plan to audition. All Music Performance and Music Education majors are required to participate in a large choral ensemble at least two semesters during their career at TCNJ.
What to Prepare:
Auditions for the Chorale and Women’s Ensemble:
- A simple song a cappella, such as the National Anthem, Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, etc.
- Vocalizing (scales) for range
- Rhythmic and melodic sight reading
There is no audition required for College Choir. Basic singing and music reading skills and a desire to learn and improve as a musician are required.
TCNJ Jazz Ensemble
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Interested students should bring all of their instruments and be prepared to play in a full rehearsal. New members may be asked to participate in an additional audition and if so, will be given further instructions for preparation.
Signup sheets for the Orchestra will be posted outside of Room 220 in the Music Building.
All auditions will be held in Music 220.