Ensemble auditions are held during the first week of the Fall semester. Specific information about auditions/enrollment in each ensemble will be posted in mid-August.
Monday, August 26 – Friday, August 30
Sign-ups will be posted outside the Choral Rehearsal Room – Music Building 027.
- You do not have to be music major to be in any of the choral ensembles.
- You must audition to be considered for the Chorale or Women’s Ensemble.
- There is no audition required for College Choir. Basic singing and music reading skills and a desire to learn and improve as a musician are required.
Sometimes, freshman music majors don’t understand that a “beginning of school” audition is expected of them. Plan to audition. All Music Performance and Music Education majors are required to participate in a large choral ensemble at least two semesters during their career at TCNJ.
What to Prepare:
Auditions for the Chorale and Women’s Ensemble:
- A simple song a cappella, such as the National Anthem, Danny Boy, Amazing Grace, etc.
- Vocalizing (scales) for range
- Rhythmic and melodic sight reading
There is no audition required for College Choir. Basic singing and music reading skills and a desire to learn and improve as a musician are required.
Signup sheets for the Orchestra will be posted outside of Room 220 in the Music Building approximately the week before.
All auditions will be held in Music 220.
Wednesday, August 28
Thursday, August 29
Friday, August 30th
Tuesday, September 2nd
Wednesday, September 3rd
Thursday, September 4th